3 Must-Haves for an Efficient Website
Here are some tips to creating an effective website design that will give readers a reason to buy your products or services.
1. Let your audience know what you do and why they need your products or services.
Your website audience will not realize that they need your products or services until they know how it will help them. Your website homepage should clearly communicate your products or services, key benefits, as well as real life examples of how they have helped your customers. For example, Skype has done an excellent job of showing its audience why they should consider some of their latest services. On their website they wrote, "Make calls from your computer — free to other people on Skype and cheap to phones and mobiles around the world." as a description of their VoIP service. Not only does this short description clearly tell their audience what solution the service provides, but Skype also includes a download button immediately below their call-to-action. By offering a clear description of each product or service and why it is needed, your website viewer will have a better ideas of who your company is and whether or not they are in need of what is being offered.
2. Use urgent language.
Active language will encourage your audience to take action as soon as possible. Some of the most popular words used to get the attention of potential buyers includes:
Along with including these words on your website, give your audience a timeline in order to create a sense of urgency in making a purchase. If you have a sale on clothing, you could say, "Buy our clothes before February 1st and receive an additional 20 percent off." Sometimes prospective customers just need a little push when it comes to finally making the purchase and using urgent language is just the thing you need to get their attention.
3. Make the most of each website page.
Potential customers will know in a matter of seconds whether or not they want to do business with your company just by looking at the website. There are several factors that should be included in each page:
- Place the call-to-action high on the page. By placing the call-to-action at the top of the page, it will be one of the first things that catches the eye of your viewer. If it is placed to low on the page, you risk having your potential customer completely miss it.
- SEO optimization. By optimizing your website for SEO purposes, the search engines will have a better chance of finding you by having keywords strategically placed throughout the site. SEO will also help you rank for all of your keywords and drive more traffic if done correctly.
- Avoid clutter. All too often website developers will clutter their website with photos, text, and links in what appears to be more like a collage than a professional website. Limit the amount of pictures and text used in order to be more visually pleasing to your potential buyers.
- Use a large, easy-to-read font. Skip the fancy, curved font for a simple one in order to make it easier to read. Also, the text should be large enough for each viewer to easily read.
Why Hire Digital Bungalow?
Digital Bungalow provides website development services in Boston. Our digital experts create award-winning websites and digital marketing programs that help our clients attract more customers and beat the competition. Designing a website from the ground up can be a stressful experience, and Digital Bungalow can take that burden off of your shoulders and make it easy to create an excellent website.